Any carpet cleaning companies advertise low prices. That are so much lower than any competitors. It always seems like too good of a deal to pass up. It very well seems to be. But if you take a step back and give it a second look, you’ll wonder how they would cover, gas, technician hourly rate , supplies, etc. There must be a reason why the price is so low. This could very well be a bait and switch cleaner. Don’t be fooled by bait and switch companies. As you can be in for a huge surprise!
Price alone should not be a reason to choose a carpet cleaning company. That’s where many people fall into carpet cleaning scams. If a carpet cleaner really is as cheap as they claim to be, you have to wonder where they are cutting costs. Are they cleaning or restoring the carpet or just wetting it?
Here are some tips and things to look for when hiring a cleaner
- Do they have liability insurance?
- Do they offer a warranty or workmanship guarantee?
- Get the price for services in writing before they start the job. Not during the cleaning process or the end. This will insure you don’t over pay or get nickel and dimed. And you’ll know exactly what work is going to be done for the price you are paying
- Ask them to explain your cleaning process and everything that is included for that price?
- Look for consumer reviews around the web to see what past clients are saying
- Is there company drug, alcohol and
criminal free? Companies that don’t screen their employees can put you and your loved ones at risk. To be on the safe side, do not deal with companies or cleaners who don’t pre-screen and drug test their employees.
- Are their cleaning solutions safe for family and pets?
- Are their technicians uniformed and trucks or vans marked with company logo?
- Are they IICRC certified
Don’t become another victim of dishonest carpet cleaners. The best way to protect yourself from these dishonest companies is to do research on the company and always ask good questions. Make sure you are informed about their carpet cleaning process and price before agreeing to anything.