Something as simple as regular vacuuming can have the largest impact on your flooring. Not only cleanliness or helping preserve the life of your carpets but it’s helps clean the air you breathe in your home. When vacuuming, vacuum slowly and in an over lapping sequence. A quick once over doesn’t do much. Vacuuming frequency should be at least once a week. But the more foot traffic, the more you need to vacuum.
Immediately remove any spills from your carpet by pressing firmly with clean, white cloth towels working from the outside of the spill inward to avoid spreading. Continue blotting (blot do not rub) until no moisture transfers to the towel. Keep doing this with more towels until non of this spill will transfer to the towels. You can also place a heavy item on the towel to help compress. For solid spills, scrape up solids with a spoon. Then follow the blotting instructions above. For red wine dab with a white cloth dampened with club soda to neutralize the spill and remove any possible stain. Let dry. Many times the stain disappears. If not, give us a call to assist you.
Carpet cleaning frequency:
We recommend having your carpets cleaned between 8 months to 12 months. When soil starts to appear. To prolong the life of your carpets. Adding carpet protector after cleanings is highly recommended to help protect the carpet fibers from spills that result in stains.
Tips For Pet Owners
- Vacuuming regularly will help reduce pet hair. Two to three times per week.
- Vacuum furniture
- Reacting immediately to urine accidents can help minimize the damage. Placing a heavy item on an white cloth towel laid over the urine will remove much of the moisture, but you still need to get the area professionally cleaned.
- When using pet spotters follow the instructions carefully
- Call the professionals. Its worth investing in professional carpet cleaning once or twice a year.
- Buy a hand held extractor to help remove liquids from the carpet
- Baking soda can be used on pet stains to help eliminate or mask the odor. Baking soda will not take the place of a deep cleaning